17 June 2009

It's about time

I have a hard time getting motivated to send out letters to supporters and to write a blog about all that has happened. Most of you know that we did not make it to Scotland and if your not aware of that then please read the other post for that information I would feel like I was repeating what has been said already.

The reason for my lack motivation is to be blunt I just don't feel like thinking about it all. This was going to be my first mission trip and I was going with people I care about and to a destination I have always wanted to visit and in the past year have decided that I was going to live. It was perfect trip on so many levels. But God had different plans for me. Plans that have started to be relived but in my eyes I feel that going would have paid out more for me.

This is not to say that God has not blessed me coming back, he had made it possible for me to go to Portland to see a friend of my Girlfriends get married plus a couple of extra days to see the city. Along with a few other things that would have not been possible if we had gotten to Scotland.

I have start work again and that was probably the hardest thing to get organized since I been back since my boss went on vacation about a week after I got back so thankfully a few co-workers gave up a shift for me to work and it all worked out. I do have to wait about a week before I get a normal paycheck so for most of June I have had to be a penny pincher witch is a good thing I supposed. I’m quite amazed that I haven’t run out of money yet.

Along with getting back to a normal life during a time I wasn’t supposed to be here, I have been planning on proposing to Danae my girlfriend. Although this was planed be fore I was going to go to Scotland I did not have a set time, place or pretty much anything worked out. I’m excited for this new chapter of my life to begin. But since the plan is to become missionaries it’s a little worrisome that our first experience of the mission field together (and yes she was on the team) turned out the way it did but God is in control and I just need to trust him that he will prepare us the way we need to.

That pretty much sums up my life right now. I hope to go to Scotland with scum someday just not likely in the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment