13 June 2012

man vs. himself


Hello, everyone! This is Jerred.

I hope that all is well with you. So much has happened since I last blogged. I'll do what I can to give you a little bit of information about what has been going on, at least from my perspective.

After arriving in Glasgow just over a week ago, it has been interesting getting familiar with the city as well as our roles at Glasgow City Mission. Although it's been only a week, I feel like I am getting into the swing of things. The staff and volunteers that we are working with have shown us so much grace!

I figured I could share a couple of short stories about events that have happened only in the last couple of days...

First off, last night a gentleman asked me to pray for him at the evening drop-in. He has been in rehab, and had given into temptation to drink last night. He asked me to pray that he would be able to stay away from tempting situations and for God's protection on him. He came into a club today and told one of the volunteers that has known him for a long while that he had slipped up last night. I found it so encouraging to hear that he was willing to share his shortcomings with fellow believers, so that we may encourage him and keep him accountable. I would like to ask you to join me in prayer for this gentleman.

The second story that I would like to share with you happened today in church at the mission. To begin, church is awesome! Today there were about 15 of us. It's such an encouraging environment! After a time of worship, we were invited to share prayer requests with the group. One man said that he had a praise. He continued to tell us that he has been clean of alcohol for a year, and is experiencing stability in his life for the first time in over five years! Later, I had the privilege of praying over this gentleman and praising God for His protection, provision, and presence in his life.

These are only a few things that have been happening. It's been an awesome experience to be a part of what God is doing here. Thank you all for reading this and supporting us through prayer!

We love you all.

In Love,

Jerred Olen Powell

P.S. Tomorrow we get to experience haggis!

1 comment: