15 June 2014

Toilet Key

Hello, all!

This is Jerred.

What a blessing it has been being back in Glasgow. It has taken a little while to get reacquainted with everything, but I feel that we have settled in well. Working at the mission has been wonderful, and it's great to see that God continues to work here.

Yesterday, we were able to spend some time with our friends Rhoda and Ross. It was fun getting to see them and talk about what has been going on in their lives. After grabbing tea and coffee with them, we took a train to where Stuart and Lynsey live. Graeme and Stuart picked us up from the train stop and took us to Stuart and Lynsey's home. There, we spent a few hours hanging out, eating, talking, and hearing the vision of the ministry that they are looking forward to beginning. I think this time was good for all, filled with both joking and serious conversation alike. I'm looking forward to spending more time with them.

As it is Sunday, we will be going to Glasgow Mosaic this afternoon. I'm excited to see how similar or different things are in relation to two years ago, when Katie, Chad, and I were here last.

-A little story-

Friday evening at the mission I was assigned to toilet key duty. I absolutely love the being assigned the toilet because as I need to be in the same place for most of the evening, I am able to observe the love of God being poured out on the guests. It's a blessing to be able to witness first hand how much love and grace is visible as volunteers and staff interact with the guests during the evening service, as well as the daytime clubs.

Please continue to pray for us as we continue to grow as a team.

Thank you.

I love you all.

-Jerred

No comments:

Post a Comment