13 July 2015

13 July 2015

Hello everyone! I'm on blog duty today, and I'm just a wee bit early (normally we send the blog out that night, but I'm not sure when I'll be at a computer today). I'm very thankful for Kerry at the Caffe Nero just down the street, cause she loaned me her library card so I can get on the internet at the Hillhead Library! She's awesome!
Well, yesterday (Sunday 12 July) was a jam-packed day. Amy and I left the flat at 8:15 to go with Steven Green and Sara Christie to Sara's church in Kilmarnock. Sara is music director there. We enjoyed meeting the locals and hanging out for breakfast at The Coffee Press in Kilmarnock. There is also a cool graveyard with some headstones of Covenanters (people who brought Protestantism to Scotland).
Then we went home to rest, and back to church again, this time at Glasgow Mosaic (3 pm service). I led worship, and Danae played drums and sang, and Mike Sares played guitar and sang backup! It was so awesome to play with these 2! God was definitely present!
That evening, the rest of the team went with Stuart and Lynsey back to the flat and I met up with Rachel Peebles, an old friend from Glasgow 2 years ago. Rachel is a long-term missionary in Bolivia (she just got back from a year-long trip) and it was awesome to hear what she does over there, with women and children, different age groups.
Today is a beautiful rainy day in Glasgow. Sure glad I bought that raincoat! We have today off to connect with people, and then tonight we do the evening meal. I bought lots of snacks and food for the trip to Iona tomorrow (6 hour journey by train - ferry - bus - ferry). I know it will be a restful time on the island for the three days that we are there!
That's it for now. I'm about to get booted from my session at the library. We love you all! Thank you for your prayers! - Matt Kingham


No comments:

Post a Comment