19 July 2015

19 July 2015

Hello everyone! Matt again. We had a wonderful 3 days in Iona, got lots of sun (unheard of!) and 3 of us came back with a bug (virus)! For me it started with a sore throat, then sinus pressure, and coughing today. My body needs more rest. Thankful for today and tomorrow and Tuesday to rest until we have to report for the evening meal Tuesday at 6:30.
Iona was lovely. I relaxed a bit more, since this was my 2nd time, and I had seen the Abbey, Heritage Centre, Bishop House, and all of the "touristy" places on the island. I walked around the first day to the west shore and promptly got lost traipsing back across soggy swampland and sheepy meadows. I was about 30 minutes late to dinner, but at least I made it! The next day I decided to take it easy. I just wanted to find a cave. And I did! That was a wonderful moment. Then I napped and came back for dinner. I had an allergic reaction at dinner to something (I have a peanut allergy) but I was able to use my EpiPen and Benedryl and drink tons of water to make it go away.
Friday was a full day at the mission, plus evening meal. Saturday was a wonderful time meeting my mentor, Joe Campbell, for a very late breakfast and walk around the city centre, and we also met with Linda Abbott from the mission. Last night the Scum team were treated to a gourmet meal of haggis, neaps, and tatties, prepared by our friend Graeme Watt.
Today (Sunday) I played keyboard at Carbrain Baptist church in Cumbernauld (where Graeme is the worship leader). He tried to take me to Loch Lomond, where Mosaic church is having baptisms, but we didn't get out of church in time, and I still feel crummy. Oh well! Maybe I'll get a chance to see Loch Lomond sometime. Now I'm off to my room to rest up and feel better! Drinking lots of hot teas with honey! Cheers! - Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment